Green Age Africa’s Responsible Finance group works to maximise social, environmental, governance and economic outcomes for lenders, investors, borrowers and project developers.
We work together with financial institutions, credit agencies, development banks and private developers to deliver practical and sustainable solutions in alignment with capital market safeguards for social impacts, human rights, labour, environmental and governance aspects. We are committed to helping moving investments and projects to their successful completion through managing and achieving compliance based on project finance requirements.
Royal HaskoningDHV’s Responsible Finance team draws on over 100 years of experience working for export credit agencies, private investors and project developers across projects including Pipelines in Western Europe, Balkans and South Asia, large-scale infrastructure developments in West Africa, independent auditing for the International Finance Corporation (IFC), European Investment Bank (EIB) and other project investors.
Our Responsible Finance team will work with you to:
- deliver outcomes which maximize the impact of investment for project stakeholders, while optimizing affordable capital access for the loan parties
- ensure national regulations and requirements are enhanced and complied with, alongside international standards and conventions
- provide viable and effective measures to ensure governance meets environmental, social and economic commitments related to the project
- work to improve the lender/developer relationship and access to markets and capital through reduced project risk
ensure a smooth transition from concept, detailed design, financing and construction through to operations, maintenance and decommissioning.
Our services deliver practical solutions enabling lending and borrowing whilst meeting the objectives of the international safeguard systems including the IFC Environment and Social Sustainability Frameworks, Equator Principles, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Common Approaches, and other lenders and investors’ standards.
Our core services include:
- Auditing of environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) documentation pre, during and post-financing
- Preparation of ESIA documentation to IFC/EBRD/EIB/ECA/Equator Principles/ADB/AfDB and other standards etc
- Social impact assessments to supplement original (national) EIAs;
Strategic advice to optimize development programmes and financing
- Labour Working Conditions and Social Due Diligence/Audits;
- Resettlement planning including land acquisition and livelihood restoration
Health impact assessments
- Construction and operational, environmental and social management plans
Monitoring and reporting.
How We Work
We work throughout the project cycle with you– from feasibility and concept stages, pre-financial project due diligence, project design, construction, and operation, through to divestment and acquisition.
We deliver feasible and tailored solutions to the needs of each investment and development, taking into account loan agreement conditions, operational demands, local communities’ needs and financial conditions for lenders and developers.